General Announcements for the Week of February 11th
This Friday is a regular scheduled day!
In this celebration of nonconformity, Newberry Medalist Jerry Spinelli weaves a tense, emotional tale about the perils of popularity and the thrill and inspiration of first love.
For more information on Stargirl and the author Jerry Spinelli click on the cover image below to go to a website!
There will be a
Stargirl Chapters 19-27 QUIZ
on Wednesday, Feb. 13th
Mrs. Dubs will be gone on Wednesday, Feb. 13th.
Please remember my expectations for how we treat guests (subs) in my classroom!
This is the LAST WEEK to order Yearbooks at the Early Bird Price of $15!
Starting March 1st through March 15th Yearbooks will be priced $20!
Go to the following link to order your yearbook!
Reading Log Requirements have increased for the 2nd Semester!
Students are now required to
read for 25 minutes FIVE days a week! (Monday-Friday)
They are no longer required to get reading logs signed.
Ask your students about Genre-Opoly!
Due Date: 2/11
Week of: Feb. 4 - Feb. 8
Due Date: 2/11
Week of: Feb. 4 - Feb. 8
Tues: Tone and Mood
Thurs: SummaryFri: Connect
Candy Grams are on Sale
from the CMS Student Council!
When/Where: After School (3:30), by room 225
They will be distributed on Friday, Feb. 22nd
Please follow the links below:
After School Snack
- The number of students with failing grades this quarter is still growing. Please be sure to turn in missing work, take advantage of test corrections/retakes and keep up with your daily assignments. Mid-Quarter and Parent-Teacher Conferences are only 0 days away.
- It’s time to order your school yearbooks! This year we are working with Jostens and yearbooks can be ordered online. More information can be found throughout the school on posters.
- Yearbooks available for $15 until Feb 15th.
Price increases to $20 from Feb. 15 - March. 15!
- See Mrs. Dubs if you have any questions!
- Yearbooks can be ordered at http://jostensyearbooks.com?REF=A04828110
- OR Scan this QR Code to order!
After School Program:
- Students, if you are in the building after school, please sign in to the after school program. If we were to have an emergency we would only be able to keep the students that are signed in safe.
- Students in need of help in Spanish, (or any other subject in school) there are multiple ASP staff who can help you. We offer academic help every Monday through Thursday after school.
- Students who would like a snack before they go to their sports practice, stop in to room 103 and grab a snack. Be sure to put your trash in a trash can please.
- Activity schedules have been posted!! Take a look and see what we will be doing this week! CMS Afterschool Program Activities
- Students, if you have a favorite activity that you would like to see on the calendar let the staff know so that we can schedule it. We want to make ASP as fun as possible.
- The 6th graders made some AWESOME puppets for their January book project. These puppets are currently on display in the library. Come take a look!
- Reminder: Be Safe Be Respectful Be Responsible applies in the library also! PLEASE No gum/candy in the library. No tipping/rocking of the chairs in the library. Thank you!
- If you currently have the book: “I Survived” (series) 9/11 OR
Red Moon at Sharpsburg by Rosemary Wells, please see Mrs. Kaus or Mrs. Wollesen.
- Braelynn Bach
- Boys basketball for the next couple weeks:
- Mon, Feb 11 and Tues Feb 12: 7th grade travels to Mitchell for tournament play. Times to be announced.
- Mon, Feb 11 and Tues, Feb 12: 8th grade travels to Scottsbluff for tournament play. Times to be announced.
- Thursday, February 7th: 1:30 Dismissal. Parent/Teacher Conferences in the Gym from 2-8 PM.
- Friday, February 8th: 1:30 Dismissal
- Plastic Recycling Drive: A collection receptacle is located on 2nd floor not far from the office. All #1 and #2 plastic bottles, milk jugs and other containers may be placed in this bin.
- Polar Plunge Challenge: Saturday, February 23 at Hilltop Lanes. Take the challenge, make a difference! Funds raised help support Special Olympics Nebraska athletes including the Chadron Rattlers. Stop by the office for more info or a registration form.
Make sure you are accessing the Weekly Agenda page for assignments and other information for the week!