General Announcements for the Week of September 10th
This Tuesday is the 17th Memorial of the September 11, 2001 Attacks
On September 11, 2001, 19 militants associated with the Islamic extremist group al-Qaeda hijacked four airplanes and carried out suicide attacks against targets in the United States. Two of the planes were flown into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, a third plane hit the Pentagon just outside Washington, D.C., and the fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. Almost 3,000 people were killed during the 9/11 terrorist attacks, which triggered major U.S. initiatives to combat terrorism and defined the presidency of George W. Bush.
~Description from HistoryChannel~
7th Graders will be MAPS Testing Wednesday!
1st Block - Science Test 3rd Block - Math Test
Please make sure you are well-rested, well-fed and ready to do your best!
READING LOGS DUE MONDAY!!!
The Book Fair will be All Week!
Check out all the latest novels, plus this is a great time to load up on books for your Weekly Reading Logs!
The Book Fair will be open during
Parent-Teacher Conferences in the Gym!
I will not be available before School on Wednesday or Thursday!
I will be at the High School for One Act Rehearsals. If you need me, you will need to come speak to me during lunch!
Parent-Teacher Conferences are
Thursday, Sept. 13th from 2-8 p.m.
Thursday will be a 1:30 Dismissal!
Quiz Tentatively Scheduled for Thursday!
This quiz will be over the Drama Genres. Notes and Games to help you study for this quiz can be found in the "Genre Unit" Tab above.
Study slides 18 of the Genres of Literature Ppt and the Drama Prezi!
Friday is a 1:30 Dismissal!
Mrs. Dubs will be gone Friday!
I'm heading to the Husker Game.
GO BIG RED!
Please follow the links below:
After School Snack
- All book orders due to Mrs McCartney by Friday, September 7th!!!
After School Program:
- Students who would like a snack before they go to their sports practice, stop in to room 103 and grab a snack. Be sure to put your trash in a trash can please.
- Activity schedules have been posted!! Take a look and see what we will be doing this week! CMS Afterschool Program Activities
- There will be a few new staff members at ASP this year, come and introduce yourself.
- Students, if you have a favorite activity that you would like to see on the calendar let the staff know so that we can schedule it. We want to make ASP as fun as possible.
- Cross Country runs at home on Saturday starting at 10:00.
- 7th grade volleyball plays in Gering on Saturday.
- 8th grade volleyball plays in Sidney on Saturday.
- 7th & 8th grade football teams play Mitchell at home at 9:00 Saturday morning.
- 5th graders interested in student council be watching for an informational meeting sometime next week.
- Thursday, September 13th - 1:30 Dismissal
- Thursday, September 13th - Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, September 14th - 1:30 Dismissal
- The bulletin board next to the library contains a “Match the Selfie to the Shelfie” contest. Match each teacher picture with their book recommendation, turn in your answers to the library. Prizes will be given to winners!
- CHS Dance Team Lil Dancer’s Camp: Open to any student in K-6 grades. Camp runs September 13 & 14 with a half-time performance at the game on Sep 14. Stop by the office for more information and a registration form!!!
- Panhandle Gymnastics: Offering gymnastics classes for children of all ages. Stop by the office for a take-home flyer with all the contact information or visit their website at panhandlegymnastics.com
- Consuming Fire School of Dance & Gymnastics: Open to ages 3 to Adult at any skill level. Offering gymnastics, ballet, tap, clogging, hip-hop, jazz, and musical theatre. See their full schedule at cfdance-gymnastics.org or stop by the office for a take-home flyer with all the contact information.
- Chadron Rec Flag Football: Last sign-up will be Thursday, September 13 during soccer 5:30 - 7:00 pm at the soccer fields. Deadline to sign-up is September 15!
Make sure you are accessing the Weekly Agenda page for assignments and other information for the week!