General Announcements for the Week of January 15th
Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day!
This Friday (Jan. 20th) is a NOON Dismissal
because of the Wrestling Tourney!
This week we are starting a Text-Dependent Analysis (TDA) Unit!
Students will be asked to read texts and answers text-dependent questions, as well as respond to readings in writing (essay) format!
For more information, please access the "TDA Unit" Tab!
Reading Log Requirements have increased for the 2nd Semester!
Students are now required to
read for 25 minutes FIVE days a week! (Monday-Friday)
They are no longer required to get reading logs signed.
Ask your students about Genre-Opoly!
Friday will be a NOON Dismissal!
Please follow the links below:
After School Snack
- Chadron’s Got Talent: Attention all students, on Jan 22, the Europe students are hosting a talent show. Forms are available in the middle school office. Individuals and groups are welcome. You will need to prep for 3 rounds of performances. After each round, people will be eliminated, until the final round where 3 people will remain for the final round. The prizes are awesome! Over $100 in cash and prizes for 1st place, Second place gets $50 cash and prizes, etc.! See Mrs. Paopao or Mr. Sandstrom for questions.
- Scholastic Book Orders: Order forms are available now and are due back to Mrs. McCartney by Jan. 12th.
After School Program:
- ASP Weekly Schedule
- We will start a new club on January 23rd. It will include cooking, nutrition and fitness. This club will run every Tuesday for 6 consecutive Tuesdays. Ideally, we would like you to attend all 6 six sessions. We are flexible and would welcome any students interested in coming.
- This week’s maker space activities will feature STEM Activities. Stop in and check them out.
- This early out friday we will be offering academic assistance from 1:30- 4:30 in room 103.
- Drama Club meets every Monday after school in room 103, Robotics Club meets every Tuesday after school in room 103. You do not have to sign up for these clubs. Everyone is welcome.
- Alivia Long
- Jenni McKinnon (Saturday)
- Alex Huber (Sunday)
- Saturday, January 13th: Valentine travels here to play 11:00 BB games. 7th grade boys will play in the Middle School Gym while 8th grade will play at the High School Gym.
Jan 9-15 - Drew Milburn
- Friday, January 12th: 1:30 Dismissal
- Monday, January 15th: MLK Day Celebration at CSC - 1:30 March and 2:15 Speaker. Students with missing work will not be allowed to attend.
- Thursday, January 18th: Geography Bee in the MS library at 3:30
- Friday, January 19th: Noon Dismissal
- Friday, January 26th: 1:30 Dismissal
Make sure you are accessing the Weekly Agenda page for assignments and other information for the week!