General Announcements for the Week of September 11th
This Monday is the 16th Memorial of the September 11, 2001 Attacks
On September 11, 2001, 19 militants associated with the Islamic extremist group al-Qaeda hijacked four airplanes and carried out suicide attacks against targets in the United States. Two of the planes were flown into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, a third plane hit the Pentagon just outside Washington, D.C., and the fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. Almost 3,000 people were killed during the 9/11 terrorist attacks, which triggered major U.S. initiatives to combat terrorism and defined the presidency of George W. Bush.
~Description from HistoryChannel~
7th Graders will be MAPS Testing Monday and Tuesday!
1st Block - Math Test 3rd Block - Science Test
1st Block - Reading Test 3rd Block - Lang. Arts Test
Please make sure you are well-rested, well-fed and ready to do your best!
READING LOGS DUE MONDAY!!!
The Book Fair will be All Week!
Check out all the latest novels, plus this is a great time to load up on books for your Weekly Reading Logs!
The Book Fair will be open during
Parent-Teacher Conferences in the Gym!
I will not be available before School on Thursday or Friday!
I will be at the High School for One Act Rehearsals. If you need me, you will need to come speak to me during lunch!
Parent-Teacher Conferences are
Thursday, Sept. 14th from 2-8 p.m.
Thursday will be a 1:30 Dismissal!
Quiz Tentatively Scheduled for THURSDAY!
This quiz will be over the Fiction & Folktale Genres. Notes and Games to help you study for this quiz can be found in the "Genre Unit" Tab above.
Study slides 5-17 of the Genres of Literature Ppt!
Friday is a 1:30 Dismissal!
- Star charts and calendars are available in Mrs. McCartney’s room come in and check out the fall night sky.
- JR Cardinal Singers will meet on Friday mornings at 7:00 in the middle school choir room. First rehearsal was today, I hope you were there!
After School Program:
- ASP WEEKLY Schedule
- Monday, September 11th we will be going to the Rangeland complex at CSC. We will watch rodeo practice, rope us some stationary cattle and even get autographs. Be sure you're all caught up on your academics so that you can join us.
- Academic Assistance is available in the library from 3:25- 5:30.
- If you are interested in robotics, be sure to check the schedule weekly for our robotics activities. We now have 10 robots!! Come and see our new Ollie robots.
- There will not be a
- 7th / 8th Boys Football Team: the bus is leaving the parking lot tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. Be there or else you’re walking to Mitchell!
- Pledge: Drew Milburn
5th grade Student Council candidates
Dates to remember
Sept. 11, voting for 5th grade class representatives will take place during cardinal block
Sept 12, Results announced during end of day announcements
- The Book Fair is coming September 11-14!! You can shop early online by going to http://bit.ly/2xs33Hm. You can also find the link on Mr. Dressel’s blogspot
- United Way’s 1st Annual Father/Daughter Dance: Saturday, September 16th, from 6-8 pm at the Chadron Arts Center.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences: Thursday, September 14th, 2-8 pm
- 1:30 Dismissals both Thursday and Friday next week.
- Lunch MenuAfter School Snack
Make sure you are accessing the Weekly Agenda page for assignments and other information for the week!