General Announcements for the Week of April 24th
The HS/MD Talent Competition Scheduled for Monday, April 24th has been CANCELLED. There wasn't enough people interested in competing.
Don't confuse this cancellation with the Middle School Talent Showcase. The Showcase is still ON and is schedule for Thursday, May 4th!
Friday is a 1:30 Dismissal
The Middle School Dance has also been rescheduled for Friday
(the 28th)! It will start @ 6:30 and end @ 8:30
Spring Testing is Upon Us!
Below is a testing schedule for the coming weeks. Students will be assessed on Science, Reading/LA, and Math!
To make sure you are putting forth your best effort, try to eat a good breakfast/lunch and get a good nights rest! These tests help us evaluate Cardinal Block sections as well as our curriculums!
OFFICE / TEACHER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- Students, please make sure that when you take a book from the library that you are checking them out properly.
- Like other states, Nebraska has state symbols (state bird, flower, etc.). Nebraska doesn’t have a state reptile, but this is your chance to change that. Click on the link to vote for your favorite Nebraska reptile. https://outdoornebraska.gov/reptilevote/
- Book orders for April are in the classrooms and the Library, Check out the reading summer is coming. Book orders are due to Mrs. McCartney by Friday April,21.
- Check out the night skies with a star chart from Mrs. McCartney’s room!
- Summer Softball Camp: Any girl in Kindergarten - 8th grade interested in a softball skills camp run by the Chadron High School Softball team, top by the office for more information and a registration form.
Any student ,who had to run the mile indoors for Phys. Ed. class, interested in running it out on the track for a better time??? We will run it Friday the 28th at 7:15 am. Meet at the track. ~ Mrs. Cattnach
- April 18 -24 McKoy Wollesen
Your potential Student Council Officers: Those students who have returned two documents and are eligible to run and cleared to hang posters.
For Vice President:
Schedule for running for Student Council Officer Positions
By April 19 Officer petition signed and parent consent form signed and returned, speeches written and presented to Student Council Advisors, posters hung.
April 25-26 - Last minute speech preparation
Wednesday, April 26 - Speeches presented to all 5th graders in Band Room during CB.
Thursday, April 27 - Speeches presented to all 6th graders in Band Room during CB.
Friday, April 28 - Speeches presented to all 7th graders in Band Room - CB.
Friday, April 28- *** All posters MUST be taken down by 4:00 p.m.****
Monday, May 1 - Voting will take place during Cardinal Block. Results will be announced next day at Tuesday May 2 - Results will be announced during the end of the day announcements.
Monday, April 24- Information Meeting for Representatives
April 25 - May 3 Representative petitions and parent form signed and returned, posters hung.
Friday, May 12 - *** All posters MUST be taken down by 4:00 p.m.****
Monday, May 15 Voting for class representatives will take place during Cardinal Block
Tuesday, May 16 Results will be announced during the end of the day announcements.
Box Tops and Labels for Education Drive
Bring your Box Tops and Labels for Education Let us try to break last year totals. Ask your parents, grandparents, neighbors, aunts and uncles, cousins to save their Box Tops and Labels for Education. Starting March 23 and going to May 2. Let us see which homeroom collects the most current and usable box tops and labels for education.
If you are wanting to display any artwork for the talent show, please pick up your items from Mrs. Bird by Monday April 24th! We are still needing student to show up and present their talent to Mrs. Waugh or Mrs. Smith! Thank you!
CMS ASP: ASP CALENDAR- 4-18-2017 Activities
- Summer Science Camp Registration forms are available at the office or at ASP. This summer’s topics include Wear Tec and Medical technologies.
- You are welcome to borrow any materials from the ASP cart during Study Hall, but please return pencils, rulers, protractors, markers, colored pencils, scissors and pens. These items are running low and have been very sparse by the time The bell rings at 3:25. Please be aware of the difference between borrowing and stealing.
- If you are in need of academic assistance, PLEASE let us help you. Help is available in the library everyday after school until 5:30. Help is also available on early out Fridays from 1:30- until 4:30. Please remember to make a plan with your parents for pick up or what your means of getting home are. 432-0508 ASP Pickup Number!!
- Schedules are available on each floor under the GIANT CMS ASP posters. Please look at them to see all of the awesome activities that are taking place after school.
- 8th Grade girls interested in playing Softball next year in High School, there will be an interest meeting Wednesday, April 26th at 5:30 in Coach Hendrickson’s classroom at Primary. Go to the northeast door of the primary building.
Make sure you are accessing the Weekly Agenda page for assignments and other information for the week!