General Announcements for the Week of May 1st
This Friday is a 1:30 Dismissal!
We will hand out Yearbooks on Friday!
Tuesday is the 7th Grade Class Field Trip to Wind Cave!
Students need to wear jeans (or long pants), tennis shoes (NO SANDALS), and a coat/heavy sweater. The cave will be chilly (especially with the weather we've been having. HA!)
Pack a lunch!
The bus will leave at 7:40 AM from the parking lot at the Middle School, and return before 5:00 PM.
Students who are missing work in ANY classes, will not be permitted to go on this field trip! Instead, they will stay in school to get caught up in work!
Thursday is the Student Showcase!
The Showcase begins at 6:00PM. Come see various talents from our CMS Students! From dance and song to art and writing, we are lucky to have such talented kids! Let's show them our support and appreciation!
- OFFICE / TEACHER ANNOUNCEMENTS:
ATTENTION: THIS IS RESCHEDULED UNTIL NEXT FRIDAY THE 5TH OF MAY AT 7:15 A.M. Any student ,who had to run the mile indoors for Phys. Ed. class, interested in running it out on the track for a better time??? Meet at the track. ~ Mrs. CattnachSTUDENT COUNCIL:
- The last day to check-out books is Friday, May 5 and all books are due on Wednesday, May 10. Please make sure that when you take a book from the library that you are checking them out properly.
- Like other states, Nebraska has state symbols (state bird, flower, etc.). Nebraska doesn’t have a state reptile, but this is your chance to change that. Click on the link to vote for your favorite Nebraska reptile. https://outdoornebraska.gov/reptilevote/
- Check out the night skies with a star chart from Mrs. McCartney’s room!
- Summer Softball Camp: Any girl in Kindergarten - 8th grade interested in a softball skills camp run by the Chadron High School Softball team, top by the office for more information and a registration form.
Your potential Student Council Officers: Those students who have returned two documents and are eligible to run and cleared to hang posters.For President:Emma PetersGracie JonesFor Vice President:Aidean DresselParker FisherBrendilou ArmstrongSecretary:Hallie ChipperfieldScarlett CookTreasurer:Drew MilburnThe dance is this Friday, 4/28, from 6:30-8:30. Open to grades 6-8. $3 admission. See you there!Your potential student council class representatives: students who have gotten paperwork in and are eligible to run…For the 6th Grade year:Kaylee SprockHudson CrossMeradith RhembrandtCody KahlJohnnie ReedMcKoy WollesenFor the 7th Grade year:For the 8th Grade year:BOX TOPSAs of right now…the leading class is….Mr. Calkins with …….too many to count!!!Followed by ……….Mrs. Hanson or Mrs. Bird…..with……..close to too many to count!Schedule for running for Student Council PositionsFriday, April 28- *** All posters MUST be taken down by 4:00 p.m.****Monday, May 1 - Voting will take place during Cardinal Block. Results will be announced next day at Tuesday May 2 - Results will be announced during the end of the day announcements.April 25 - May 3 Representative petitions and parent form signed and returned, posters hung.Friday, May 12 - *** All posters MUST be taken down by 4:00 p.m.****Monday, May 15 Voting for class representatives will take place during Cardinal BlockTuesday, May 16 Results will be announced during the end of the day announcements.Box Tops and Labels for Education DriveBring your Box Tops and Labels for Education Let us try to break last year totals. Ask your parents, grandparents, neighbors, aunts and uncles, cousins to save their Box Tops and Labels for Education. Starting March 23 and going to May 2. Let us see which homeroom collects the most current and usable box tops and labels for education.TALENT SHOW:If you are wanting to display any artwork for the talent show, please pick up your items from Mrs. Bird by Monday April 24th! We are still needing student to show up and present their talent to Mrs. Waugh or Mrs. Smith! Thank you!CMS ASP: ASP CALENDAR- 4-18-2017 Activities
- April 25-May 1 Thomas Kaus
- Summer Science Camp Registration forms are available at the office or at ASP. This summer’s topics include Wear Tec and Medical technologies.
- You are welcome to borrow any materials from the ASP cart during Study Hall, but please return pencils, rulers, protractors, markers, colored pencils, scissors and pens. These items are running low and have been very sparse by the time The bell rings at 3:25. Please be aware of the difference between borrowing and stealing.
- If you are in need of academic assistance, PLEASE let us help you. Help is available in the library everyday after school until 5:30. Help is also available on early out Fridays from 1:30- until 4:30. Please remember to make a plan with your parents for pick up or what your means of getting home are. 432-0508 ASP Pickup Number!!
- Schedules are available on each floor under the GIANT CMS ASP posters. Please look at them to see all of the awesome activities that are taking place after school.
Make sure you are accessing the Weekly Agenda page for assignments and other information for the week!