General Announcements for the Week of September 17th
7th Graders will be MAPS Testing Tuesday!
1st Block - Language Arts Test 3rd Block - Reading Test
Please make sure you are well-rested, well-fed and ready to do your best!
READING LOGS DUE MONDAY!!!
Mrs. Dubs will be unavailable at the following times for the next two weeks.
Wednesday, Sept. 19th - Morning AND After school
Thursday, Sept. 20th - Morning
Friday, Sept. 21st - Morning
Thursday, Sept. 27th - Morning
Friday, Sept. 28th - After School
I will be at the High School for One Act Rehearsals. If you need me, you will need to come speak to me during lunch!
Quiz Tentatively Scheduled for Friday!
This quiz will be over the Poetry & Figurative Language Genres. Notes and Games to help you study for this quiz can be found in the "Genre Unit" Tab above.
Study slides 20 to END of the Genres of Literature Ppt and the Figurative Language AND Poetry Prezis!
Please follow the links below:
After School Snack
After School Program:
- Students who would like a snack before they go to their sports practice, stop in to room 103 and grab a snack. Be sure to put your trash in a trash can please.
- Activity schedules have been posted!! Take a look and see what we will be doing this week! CMS Afterschool Program Activities
- There will be a few new staff members at ASP this year, come and introduce yourself.
- Students, if you have a favorite activity that you would like to see on the calendar let the staff know so that we can schedule it. We want to make ASP as fun as possible.
- Thursday, Sept. 20th - 7th Grade Football @5pm, 8th Graders @6:30pm
- Student council would like to send out a BIG THANK YOU!! To Emma Hughes, Jacob Winkler, Jace Paopao, Calli Hendrickson, Beau Behrends,
(We are hoping we did not forget anyone.)
- Friday, September 21st - 5th Grade Fun Night
- Friday, September 28th - 1:30 Dismissal
- The bulletin board next to the library contains a “Match the Selfie to the Shelfie” contest. Match each teacher picture with their book recommendation, turn in your answers to the library. Prizes will be given to winners!
- Panhandle Gymnastics: Offering gymnastics classes for children of all ages. Stop by the office for a take-home flyer with all the contact information or visit their website at panhandlegymnastics.com
- Consuming Fire School of Dance & Gymnastics: Open to ages 3 to Adult at any skill level. Offering gymnastics, ballet, tap, clogging, hip-hop, jazz, and musical theatre. See their full schedule at cfdance-gymnastics.org or stop by the office for a take-home flyer with all the contact information.
- History In Action Day: Sunday, September 30th from 1 - 5 pm at the Dawes County Museum. This is a FREE family friendly event! Donations welcome.
Make sure you are accessing the Weekly Agenda page for assignments and other information for the week!